Parent Coaching for Food & Body Issues
Hi, I’m Ginny, and I provide parent coaching for parents who are dealing with kids who have food and body issues, eating disorders, poor body image, and more.
If your child has poor body image, then parent coaching is a great solution. Almost all of our kids have poor body image. This isn’t because we’re bad parents – it’s mainly a function of our society. But yes, you as a parent can help your child improve their body image. You can even help […]
If your child has an eating disorder, then parent coaching can help you navigate their recovery. There’s no way to avoid the fact that eating disorders are hard on families. They’re hard on the person who has them, and they’re hard on siblings and extended family. But let’s not forget that eating disorders are really […]
Parent Coaching for Parents Who Want to Get This Right
If you’re worried about your child’s eating disorder, body image, or other food, eating, and weight issues, parent coaching can help. A little bit about me:
- I’ve interviewed and coached hundreds of people about eating disorders, body image, and weight and food issues.
- I work with many of the experts on eating disorders, nutrition, and body image.
- I’m passionate about helping parents prevent and reverse dangerous societal trends towards increased rates of eating disorders and body hate.
- I work from a Health at Every Size® and Intuitive Eating model of health.
My passion in life is helping parents raise healthy kids. Because body image and eating are so much more than weight, and we have become confused in our society about the true meaning of health. Parents are the frontline of helping kids be healthy. We can do it! And most of us need help getting there, because it’s not obvious or natural.
The good news is that there is a lot that we can do as parents to help our kids be healthy – both mentally and physically. There’s so much we can do when they start to complain about their bodies, stop eating, eat erratically, binge eat, or even develop full-blown eating disorders.
We are not helpless, and we can make a huge impact on our kids’ health and body image. This is not easy, but it’s something you can learn very quickly if you work with me as your parent coach.
You’ve Got Questions. I’ve Got Answers.
Parents have questions like:
- How do I help my child who is in a larger body?
- How can I get my partner/family to stop body shaming my child?
- Can I raise a body-positive child if I hate my body?
- How can I shield my child from fat shaming at the doctor’s office and school?
- What can I do to get my child to eat normally again?
- What do I say when my child says they feel fat?
- How do I get my partner/family to stop food policing?
- Why do I have to work on myself if my child has a problem?
- How can I teach my child Intuitive Eating?
- What can I do to help my child accept their body?
- Should I support my child going clean/paleo/vegetarian/vegan?
- What can I do when my child gets body shamed?
- How do I navigate my child’s eating disorder recovery?
- How do I get my child to eat with our family again?
- Can I tell my friends that my child has an eating disorder?
- How can I accept my child’s body size?
I can help you answer these questions through the perspective of body positivity, Intuitive Eating, and Health at Every Size (HAES).
Raising Healthy Kids – With Help
Our kids are facing negative food and body messages every day, everywhere they go. Parents who want their kids to be healthy have to be super-proactive about preventing body hate and restoring body acceptance. We have to learn about fatphobia, diet culture, and become media literate so that we can help our kids be health in body and mind.
I think parent coaching is a great way for you to learn some new things and plan how you can help your kid(s) be healthy. Parent coaching can empower you to navigate an eating disorder, poor body image, and other food and weight issues.
Most clients see an immediate impact after just one session with me. They report feeling clearer and calmer about parenting their child through these issues. And they have some great new skills to try when interacting with their child about eating and weight.
Many of my clients only need a handful of sessions with me before they feel confident and can move forward with confidence.
I’d love to work with you and help you raise kids who are free from body hate, disordered eating, and eating disorders. Let me know if you’re interested in setting up a free introductory parent coaching call!
Ginny Jones is a Parent Coach who helps parents handle kids’ food & body issues. Learn more