Schedule a free consultation to find out how coaching can help parents who have or had an eating disorder.
- Do you worry that your own eating disorder is impacting your ability to parent?
- Is the stress of parenting creating relapse conditions for you?
- Are you worried your child may develop an eating disorder?
- Do you suspect that having a child is triggering your eating disorder behaviors?
- Is your child showing signs of food and body issues?
- Are you worried that you’re passing along eating disorder behaviors?
- Do you feel ashamed that you have/had an eating disorder while being a parent?
- Do you wish you had someone you could talk to about your fears?
- Have you been trying to get into/stay in recovery and need some support?
Parent coaching is for parents like you who really want to help their child be healthy but worry their own eating disorder may impact their parenting.
Your child is not destined to have an eating disorder just because you do/did. And you can be a great parent if you have/had an eating disorder!
But it takes effort and practice that can be hard on top of everything you’re already dealing with. I’d like to help you succeed!
Schedule a complimentary consultation
I will never sell, share, or otherwise abuse your information. You may receive additional emails from me that are relevant to this topic. You can always easily unsubscribe by clicking the link provided in the email.
Parent coaching is often the best path for parents who want to help but don’t know how.
With parent coaching you will have access to:
Information: Get answers to your questions about how you can raise a child while you’re in recovery.
Understanding: Decode your child’s behavior and learn how to interact with them so it doesn’t trigger a relapse for you.
Conflict Resolution: Learn how to resolve conflict with your child to reduce household stress and have a positive environment for your healing.
Responses: Get ideas and scripts for how you can talk to your child about eating disorders, weight, food, and body image.
Techniques: Learn about the science-backed ways to raise a child using Health at Every Size® and Intuitive Eating
Recommendations: Find the books, articles, and resources that are available to help you navigate recovery as a parent.
Parent coaching can make an immediate impact on your ability to parent your child through your own recovery. I hope you will schedule a consultation with me to find out more about how you can navigate recovery as a parent.
Yes, you can be a good parent while you’re in recovery from an eating disorder
We don’t have to live with the shame and fear that our own eating disorders mean that we can’t raise kids who are healthy.
Important note: Ginny is a parent coach, NOT a licensed therapist. She cannot diagnose or treat mental illness, addiction, eating disorders, etc.