Eating, weight, and feeding issues are tough to handle in our culture. We live in a food-negative, toxic culture that can impact how our kids (and we!) feel about food, eating, and weight.
But there’s hope! You can help your child develop a healthy relationship with food and weight. Here are some of the things I can help with:
- Are you worried about your child’s weight?
- Do you think your child is either eating “too much” (binge eating) or “too little” (restricting)?
- Does your child refuse to eat meals with the family?
- Does it bother you that your child has a very limited list of foods they will eat?
- Is your child skipping meals and lying about it?
- Have you noticed your child stealing, sneaking, and hiding food?
- Do you worry that your own food and weight issues are trickling down to your child?
- Is your child talking about going on a diet or trying to lose weight?
- Are you worried your child may develop an eating disorder?
- Do you wish you knew how to feed your child without all the drama?
- Have you been trying to help your child with eating and weight issues but nothing seems to be working?
Parent coaching is for parents like you who really want to help their child develop a healthy relationship with food and weight but simply don’t know what they are supposed to do.
Parents can help, and they can be a critical part of their child’s lifelong health habits.
But it takes skills that most parents don’t have naturally. I’d like to help you succeed!
Find out about coaching
Parent coaching is often the best path for parents who want to help but don’t know how.
With parent coaching you will have access to:
Information: Get answers to your questions about feeding, eating, and weight. How can you help your child develop healthy eating habits?
Understanding: Decode your child’s behavior and learn how to support their health. Learn why eating is more than nutrients and calories.
Conflict Resolution: Learn how to resolve conflict with your child over eating, food, and weight struggles.
Responses: Get ideas and scripts for how you can talk to your child about weight and eating.
Techniques: Learn about the science-backed ways to develop a healthy lifestyle using Health at Every Size® and Intuitive Eating
Recommendations: Find the books, articles, and resources that are available to help you navigate feeding your child.
Parent coaching can make an immediate impact on your ability to parent your child through this. I hope you will schedule a consultation with me to find out more about how you can support your child’s health.
Yes, your child can develop a healthy relationship with food and weight
It doesn’t have to be a hassle to feed your child and teach them the principles of health and wellness!
I practice from an evidence-based Health at Every Size® framework.