Raising kids with positive body image is tough in our culture. We live in a body-negative, toxic culture that can impact how our kids (and we!) feel about our bodies.
But there’s hope! You can help your child develop a healthy relationship with their body and a positive body image. Here are some of the things I can help with:
- Does your child feel bad about their body?
- Is your child spending a lot of time looking at and criticizing their body?
- Do you worry that your own body image issues are trickling down to your child?
- Does it worry you that your child has gained weight?
- Is your child talking about going on a diet or trying to lose weight?
- Are you worried your child may develop an eating disorder?
- Do you wish you knew how to respond to your child when they complain about their body image?
- Have you been trying to help your child with their body image but nothing seems to be working?
Parent coaching is for parents like you who really want to help their child develop a healthy body image but simply don’t know what they are supposed to do.
Parents can help, and they can be a critical part of their child’s positive body image.
But it takes skills that most parents don’t have naturally. I’d like to help you succeed!
Find out about coaching
Parent coaching is often the best path for parents who want to help but don’t know how.
With parent coaching you will have access to:
Information: Get answers to your questions about body image. What’s the good, the bad, and the ugly side of body positivity? How can you help your child develop positive body image?
Understanding: Decode your child’s behavior and learn how to interact with them. This way you can minimize stress and optimize your home for recovery.
Conflict Resolution: Learn how to resolve conflict with your child over body image and other struggles.
Responses: Get ideas and scripts for how you can talk to your child about weight and body image.
Techniques: Learn about the science-backed ways to develop a healthy body image using Health at Every Size® and Intuitive Eating
Recommendations: Find the books, articles, and resources that are available to help you navigate body image with your child.
Parent coaching can make an immediate impact on your ability to parent your child through this. I hope you will schedule a consultation with me to find out more about how you can raise a body-positive child.
Yes, people do feel good about their bodies
We don’t have to live with the assumption that bodies are something to be tolerated and controlled. People really do feel good about their bodies, and you can help your child have a positive body image!
I practice from an evidence-based Health at Every Size® framework.