Practical tips for parents who have kids with eating disorders
The ED Parenting podcast is created by eating disorder expert and parent coach Ginny Jones. It gives practical ways for parents to manage their kids’ eating disorders. You will learn how to respond to your child’s behavior and create a calm and peaceful environment that is optimized for recovery.
- 38. Am I an almond mom?
- 37. Threats during meals
- 36. She hates her body
- 35. I’ve got my own issues
- 34. Exhausted by the arguments
- 33. How can I convince her?
- 32. I’m worried all the time
- 31. Should we just back off?
- 30. Anxiety is running the show
- 29. Son is sick of daughter’s eating disorder
- 28. There’s still so much to do
- 27. Return from residential treatment
- 26. Headed for divorce
- 25. Mom’s burned out
- 24. Change treatment teams?
- 23. Should we skip Christmas?
- 22. How to stop the purge?
- 21. Can I tell her she’s too thin?
- 20. She blames me for everything
- 19. Negotiating every bite
- 18. She’s never happy anymore
- 17. I lose my temper
- 16. Who can help?
- 15. He won’t talk about food with me
- 14. Not motivated to recover
- 13. My daughter is afraid of food
- 12. My son is gaining weight
- 11. How to respond to body bashing
- 10. Bingeing & purging & won’t talk to me
- 9. What is eating disorder recovery?
- 8. Getting through a panic attack
- 7. Non-binary child says treatment is harmful
- 6. Can he keep running during treatment?
- 5. Grandma keeps talking about weight & diets
- 4. Should I pull my daughter out of residential treatment?
- 3. Son is binge eating – what to do?
- 2. Intermittent fasting – healthy or not?
- 1. Food refusal and mealtime tantrums
- Welcome to the ED Parenting podcast
Ask Me A Question for the Podcast:
Subscribe on Your Favorite Player
Follow Me on Social Media
Hi, I’m Ginny. I’m on a mission to help parents raise kids who are free from food and eating issues.
I created this podcast to give parents practical ways to help a child who has an eating disorder – without losing their minds.
In each episode, I pick a behavior that tends to trip parents up. I’ll give you some examples and then give you some ways to handle the behavior.
I work from a place of education and compassion because I know that the best way for you to help your kid feel better is for you to feel better. You matter, and I’m here to help.
The ED Parenting podcast comes from a Health at Every Size® and Intuitive Eating perspective. These foundational beliefs drive my work as a coach, my life as a person in recovery, and how I parent. I adopted these beliefs, which are based on solid scientific evidence, during my recovery from a 30-year eating disorder. After spending decades at war with my body, I found peace and healing in learning to trust it as wise, intuitive, and powerful.
If you’re curious about this approach, please reach out and I’ll be happy to tell you more about it.