The ED Parenting podcast is created by eating disorder expert and parent coach Ginny Jones. It gives practical ways for parents to manage their kids’ eating disorders. You will learn how to respond to your child’s behavior and create a calm and peaceful environment that is optimized for recovery.
- 14. Not motivated to recover
- 13. My daughter is afraid of food
- 12. My son is gaining weight
- 11. How to respond to body bashing
- 10. Bingeing & purging & won’t talk to me
- 9. What is eating disorder recovery?
- 8. Getting through a panic attack
- 7. Non-binary child says treatment is harmful
- 6. Can he keep running during treatment?
- 5. Grandma keeps talking about weight & diets
- 4. Should I pull my daughter out of inpatient treatment?
- 3. Son is binge eating – what to do?
- 2. Intermittent fasting – healthy or not?
- 1. Food refusal and mealtime tantrums
- Welcome to the ED Parenting podcast
Ask Me A Question for the Podcast:
Subscribe on Your Favorite Player
Follow Me on Social Media
Hi, I’m Ginny. I’m on a mission to help parents raise kids who are free from food and eating issues.
I created this podcast to give parents practical ways to help a child who has an eating disorder – without losing their minds.
In each episode, I pick a behavior that tends to trip parents up. I’ll give you some examples and then give you some ways to handle the behavior.
I work from a place of education and compassion because I know that the best way for you to help your kid feel better is for you to feel better. You matter, and I’m here to help.
- Every body has its own natural weight, and the less we mess with it, the better
- Intentional weight loss is almost never effective or healthy
- Every body has natural intuition about what and how much to eat. Our goal should always be to listen to intuition rather than food rules
- Our bodies are both wise and powerful. It is healthy to listen to them
These foundational beliefs drive my work as a coach, my life as a person in recovery, and how I parent. I adopted these beliefs, which are based on solid scientific evidence, during my recovery from a 30-year eating disorder. After spending decades at war with my body, I found peace and healing in learning to trust it as wise, intuitive, and powerful.
If you’re curious about this approach, please reach out and I’ll be happy to tell you more about it.